The 2013 AAF-Kansas City ADDY® Awards (25 pages)
eligibility • entry fees • all entries must • manifest form
All work entered in the ADDY competition must have first appeared in the media between January 1 and December
31, 2012. With the exceptions of Public Service Advertising, Advertising for the Arts, and Advertising Industry Self
Promotion categories, work entered must have been the result of paid creative services and media placement in the
normal course of business (excluding student entries). Entries must be submitted in the CBSA, DMA or MSA of the
entrant (as defined by Arbitron or Nielsen for your local market). In the event that there are entrants located in
markets not served by a local ADDY affiliated show, the acceptance, processing, judging, forwarding and fees of
those entries will be decided by the governing body of the district in which the entrant is located. Additional
geographic considerations are covered on page 10. For Student eligibility requirements refer to the Student ADDY
Rules & Categories available at StudentADDYs.com.
• Member Early Entry:
$50 per entry
• Non-Member Early Entry:
$70 per entry
• Member Final Entry:
$65 per entry
• Non-Member Final Entry:
$85 per entry
Note: should your entry be chosen to be part of the ADDY Awards show, an additional $30 per entry hanging/display
fee. This fee helps AAF-KC cover the cost of mounting physical entries/putting together video reels of digital entries.
All Entries Must:
• Meet all eligibility and deadline requirements.
• Be entered in the correct category and be correctly identified.
• Be placed in a Uline 13 x 18" 6 Mil Reclosable Bag (product #S-1668). A quantity of these equivalent to the
number of entries you submitted last year will be delivered to your office with the printed call for entries in
o Note: these will be required by National AAF next year; AAF-KC made the decision to make them
mandatory a year early.
• When submitting the entry online, a digital file(s) of all entries must be submitted, along with the traditional
printed copy you’ll take to the AAF-KC office. For printed entries like brochures or print ads, this means a
PDF or JPEG. For broadcast and other video entries, this means a 16x9 H.264 High-Res video file.
• Include a completed and signed manifest form.
• Conform to defined submission requirements.
• Conform to all copyright laws.
After filling out the entry forms, you will be required to sign a Manifest Form, listing all of your entries. This form
states that by signing below you:
1. Verify that the above information is accurate.
2. Acknowledge that proper rights were obtained for use of any elements of the entry that were not original.
3. Agree to submit documentation deemed necessary for review.
4. Release the entry for internet, broadcast and/or print (allow reuse of material).
5. Verify that the entry was created within the local MSA of the competition.